Airline tickets to Johannesburg, South Africa can vary in price depending on a number of factors such as the time of year, the airport you are departing from, and how far in advance you book your flight. It is generally cheaper to book your flight well in advance, as airlines typically offer discounted fares for early bookings.
It is also often cheaper to fly during the off-peak season, which for Johannesburg is typically during the summer months of November to March. There are also several budget airlines that offer cheap flights to Johannesburg, so it is worth considering these options as well. To find the best deals on airline tickets to Johannesburg, it is a good idea to compare prices from multiple airlines and travel booking websites.
You can find Cheap Flights and Cheap Airline tickets on South African websites like Cheap Flights. You can also sign up for alerts on these sites to notify you when prices drop. Airlines often have sales and discounts, so keep an eye out for those and be prepared to book quickly if you find a good deal. You might also consider alternative airports or layovers to save money on your flight.
Finally, booking in advance is generally the best way to get a good price on airline tickets. Just be sure to also factor in baggage fees and in-flight amenities when comparing prices.
There are a few ways you can try to find cheap flights:
- Be flexible with your travel dates: Flight prices tend to fluctuate depending on the day of the week, time of year, and holidays. Try to be flexible with your travel dates to find the best deals.
- Compare prices: Use a website or app that allows you to compare prices across multiple airlines, such as Kayak or Expedia.
- Sign up for alerts: Some websites and apps allow you to sign up for alerts that notify you when flight prices drop. This can help you snag a good deal when it becomes available.
- Look for sales and discounts: Airlines often have sales and discounts, particularly for last-minute travel. Keep an eye out for these, and be prepared to book a flight quickly if you find a good deal.
- Consider alternative airports: If you’re willing to fly into a different airport that’s farther from your destination, you may be able to find a cheaper flight.
- Be open to different layover options: Nonstop flights are usually more convenient, but they can also be more expensive. If you’re willing to have a layover, you may be able to find a cheaper flight.
- Book in advance: Generally, the earlier you book a flight, the cheaper it will be. Try to book your flights as far in advance as possible.
- Remember to also check the baggage fees and in-flight amenities offered by the airlines, as these can add significantly to the cost of your trip.
Cheap flights to JHB international airport
There are several ways to find cheap flights to Johannesburg’s OR Tambo International Airport (JHB). One way is to be flexible with your travel dates and to book your flight well in advance, as airlines often offer discounted fares for early bookings. It is also generally cheaper to fly during the off-peak season, which for Johannesburg is typically during the summer months of November to March. Another way to find cheap flights is to consider budget airlines or smaller regional carriers, as they may offer lower prices compared to major carriers.
It is a good idea to compare prices from multiple airlines and travel booking websites to ensure you are getting the best deal. It may also be helpful to sign up for alerts from these websites to stay informed about special offers and promotions.
In addition to OR Tambo International Airport (JHB), there are a few other airports in the Johannesburg area that you may be able to fly into at a lower cost. These include:
- Lanseria International Airport (HLA) – Located about 30 kilometers northwest of Johannesburg, this airport is smaller and serves mainly domestic and regional flights.
- Rand Airport (QRA) – Located in Germiston, east of Johannesburg, this airport is mainly used for general aviation and some charter flights.
- Grand Central Airport (GCJ) – Located in Midrand, between Johannesburg and Pretoria, this airport mainly serves private and charter flights.
It is worth considering these airports as they may offer cheaper flights compared to OR Tambo International Airport, although it is important to note that they may not have as many flight options or connections to other destinations. It is a good idea to compare prices from multiple airlines and consider the convenience and cost of ground transportation to your final destination when deciding which airport to fly into.